Work with us
We're always on the look out for people to join our team
Viewing Senior Technical ArtistClose
Senior Technical Artist
Duration: Full Time
Location: Liverpool or Remote
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Artist to leverage their expertise in the latest art pipelines and techniques on an exciting new title.
The successful candidate will work with the art and programming teams to develop and maintain asset pipelines by:
- Working with the art, programming and design team to support their day-to-day roles.
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes.
- Helping to develop tools to improve workflow efficiencies for 3D and 2D Artists.
- Mentoring junior team members within both the technical and art disciplines.
- Debug and assist fixing art issues within the game.
- Ensure art asset production is efficient at each step through the pipeline.
- Communicate memory and performance budgets and work with the art team to ensure they are followed
- Experience of using 3rd party engines such as Unreal Engine
- Extensive knowledge of 3D and 2D art and animation pipelines within games, including procedural tools and pipelines.
- Proficiency in 3D art tools such as 3ds Maya or Max and 2D Art tools such as Photoshop
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Mel, Max Script.
- A good understanding of shaders.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience on AAA console games
- Knowledge of Houdini
- Knowledge of languages such as C#, C++ and HLSL
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include links to any released games, demos or projects that you’d like to show us.
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Open ApplicationOpen Applications
Senior Technical AnimatorAnimation
Gameplay ProgrammerProgramming & Development
VFX Technical ArtistArt
Level Designer (Open World)Design
Here’s what else we have to offer
As well as being able to work with some of the most talented people in the UK game industry, we also offer a range of benefits to our staff.
Remote & Flexible working
We support remote working and flexitime, around our core hours of 10am to 4pm.
Private health & dental care insurance for you, your partner and your children.
A generous maternity & paternity leave package above the statutory allowance.
Profit Share Bonus
Everyone at Lucid plays a crucial part in our success that's why we reward you with an annual profit share bonus.
We organise our own annual Christmas and Summer Parties as well as other get togethers around the rest of the year.
All staff have access to a free parking permit.
26 days of holidays (plus all bank holidays), which increases over time up to 35 days.
We provide Life Assurance Policy to all staff members with a lump sum of 4 x annual salary.
A group company pension scheme where we contribute a minimum of 4% of your annual salary rising to 10%.
Mental Health and Wellbeing
Our private healthcare covers mental health and we have a 24/7 confidential chatline for employees.
Visa & Relocation Assistance
We offer assistance and financial support for Visas and relocation for you and your family.
Career Development & Training
We provide our team with a tailored online learning platform and support employee access to industry events.
We're looking for talented people with a passion for making great games
Your game career starts here
We offer great learning opportunities for students looking for a future in the Games industry. We have yearly placement and graduate positions for students in Art, Design and Programming.Student Careers